Eurostrings - european guitar festival collaborative
EuroStrings - European Guitar Festival Collaborative is a new European platform founded by Zagreb Guitar Festival gathering 14 classical guitar festivals. Platform will focus on highlighting the emerging guitar players and enable further education in the classical guitar field. It is a groundbreaking classical guitar project running for 4 years, made possible by a 2 million € grant from the Creative Europe Programme of the European Union.
EuroStrings creates a hub of international opportunities for emerging guitar players, educational and training programs that foster the professional development of guitarists, and trends for sustainability of festivals in the field of classical music. The platform brings together guitarists and their audiences, breaking down barriers and actively involving both in the creation of classical guitar experience.
Through Young Stars exchange programme, EuroStrings will strongly support the circulation of emerging talents among the platform's guitar festivals, offering the winners of those festivals’ international competitions an opportunity to reach international audiences and giving them opportunities to work transnationally and access new markets.
The Young Stars will also be encouraged to challenge themselves and compete in EuroStrings Winners’ Competition, giving them the chance to win prizes that will enable them to develop a world-wide career. The first EuroStrings Winners’ Competition will take place at Zagreb Guitar Festival, between 3rd and 7th April 2018.
EuroStrings Young Stars 2017/2018
The EuroStrings Young Stars are the winners of the international competitions organized by the platform members.
The EuroStrings Young Stars that will participate in the exchange programme and at the EuroStrings Winners’ Competition in the first year of the project are: Nicola Montella (Italy), Niklas Johansen (Denmark), Péter Girán (Hungary), Vedran Vujica (BiH), Dmytro Omelchak (Ukraine), Antoine Moriniere (France), Antero Pellikka (Finland), Boyan Boychev (Bulgaria), Andrea Roberto (Italy), Domenico Savio Mottola (Italy), Raphael Feuillatre (France), Davide Giovanni Tomasi (Italy), Jesse Flowers (Australia/Germany), Giacomo Susani (Italy), Dominik Carevic (Croatia).
EuroStrings annual scholarships
To acknowledge the financial situation of many young guitar players and to support their international education, EuroStrings has developed an annual scholarship programme for students from lower income backgrounds. This scholarship will enable 14 young guitarists to participate in international guitar competitions and masterclasses.
EuroStrings currently involves 14 members and is looking to expand in the upcoming years:
- Sociedade Musical de Guimarães - Festival Internacional de Guitarra de Guimarães (POR): 22 December 2017 – 14 January 2018
- Internationales Gitarrenfestival Rust (AUT): 25 - 28 March 2018
- Music school Bonar - Zagreb Guitar Festival (CRO): 3 - 7 April 2018
- SZÓ-TÉR Egyesület - Szeged Guitar Festival (HUN): 12 - 15 April 2018
- Guitar Association of BiH - Sarajevo International Guitar Festival (BiH): 26 - 30 April 2018
- Twents GitaarFestival (NL): 10 – 13 May 2018
- Montenegrin Music Center - Nikšić Guitar Festival (MNE): 22 - 29 May 2018
- Tampere Guitar Festival (FIN): 4 -10 June 2018
- Sdruzhenie “Fusion Way” - Sofia GuitArt Festival (BGR): 8 - 10 June 2018
- Tallinn Guitar Festival (EST): 11 - 15 June 2018
- Associazione M. & C. Accademia Della Chitarra - International Guitar Festival Mottola (ITA): 7 - 15 July 2018
- Pima Asociación De Guitarra Clásica - International Festival Of Guitar José Tomás Villa De Petrer (ESP): 7 - 21 July 2018
- Gitarrenkreis Nuertingen - International Guitar Festival Nuertingen (GER): 28 July - 5 August 2018
- International Guitar Foundation - London Guitar Festival (UK): 25 - 30 October 2018